Feb 10, 2020
Fort Museum in Fort Macleod, Alberta
The original fort in Fort Macleod, Alberta was constructed in 1874 as a barracks for the North-West Mounted Police. Named after Colonel James Macleod, the current fort is a recreation that was constructed in the 1950s. It now operates as a museum with various artifacts that illustrate the history of the area and the role of the NWMP on the prairies.