|A vintage image of the train station in operation (undated).|
Oct 23, 2018
Historic Train Station in Great Falls, Montana
In 1915 the Milwaukee Road (also known as the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway) built a passenger depot in Great Falls, Montana following their Pacific Extension in 1907-1908. Recognized for its distinct 135 foot tower, the station was in operation until the mid-1960s when passenger service ceased. Today the former train station is used as an office building and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.