Sep 3, 2015
Territorial Court House in Fort Macleod, Alberta
Constructed between 1902 to 1904, the Court House in Fort Macleod, Alberta is recognized as a National Historic Site of Canada. Its significance lies in its roots as a territorial court house before Alberta became a province in 1905. Many other territorial court houses were repurposed or demolished following the implementation of a provincial court system in 1907. This one in Fort Macleod has survived however, and as such it is the oldest court house in Alberta.