Constructed in 1902, St. John's Presbyterian Church is the oldest congregation and church building in Medicine Hat, Alberta. In addition to many historic details, the church also has ties to some of the community's founders and earliest residents. In 1883 the church was merely a tent before becoming a wooden structure in 1884. More than a century later, after some notable renovations, St. John's Church remains one of Medicine Hat's prominent downtown landmarks.
Postcard of St. John's Church in 1910.
Graffiti in the sandstone around the base of the church.