If there's any reason to love Belgium, and as it turns out there are many, around each corner you'll find another excuse to sample new Belgian beers, Belgian chocolates, and Belgian waffles.
Nov 2, 2022
Oct 18, 2022
Oct 1, 2022
For the month of September I was having the time of my life on what I can only describe as the most elaborate, continuous travel shoot I've completed to date. With shoots taking place across Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, and Scotland, there was no shortage of things to do, places to see, and experiences to capture. It was a wild month!
While content from these shoots won't really start to emerge until 2023, I did share a handful of highlights on the Editing Luke Instagram @editingluke as things were unfolding. Unlike most shoots were it feels relatively easy to sum up the adventure under a single banner or theme, I'm still reeling from just how varied and expansive this entire undertaking was. I'm going to need some time to be a bit more thought provoking - but, in short, it really was incredible.
Sep 30, 2022
While the experience was undeniably incredible, I'm currently feeling a bit overstimulated and numb from this last month of travel shoots around Europe. It really was the adventure of a lifetime. A lot of this content won't surface until 2023 now, but I'm enjoying rediscovering all of the random bits and pieces I've brought home as I unpack and reorganize.
Here are a few early highlights.
1. Kitschy French singles from a Parisian thrift shop.
2. Various pieces of the Berlin Wall.
3. A mini bar's worth of different Scotch from Scotland.
4. Belgian comicbook souvenirs - with an emphasis on finds from Tintin and Lucky Luke.
5. Retro inspired merch from Euro Disney's 30th anniversary - now known as Disneyland Paris.
6. A handcrafted "willy warmer" from Amsterdam ... for dressy occasions.
These were clearly all must haves in the moment lol.