Beautiful beaches, swaying palms, and the faint strumming of ukuleles - these are the stereotypes of Oahu, Hawaii that the hotels in Waikiki are more than happy to uphold. On a recent vacation to Oahu I took to photographing a variety of locations and experiences as I traveled throughout the island. From Honolulu to the North Shore, I set out to capture notable attractions and iconic Hawaiian scenery around Oahu.
These are highlights from my Aloha Hawaii series showcased in 100 images. Click on the link above any of the images to view the complete / expanded photo set from each location.
1. View of Diamond Head from the ocean.
2. Surfboards in Waikiki.
3. Surfers on the North Shore of Oahu.
4. Pacific Aviation Museum at Pearl Harbor.
5. USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor.
6. Makapuu Lookout on the Eastern Shore of Oahu.
7. Souvenirs in Waikiki.
8. Downtown Honolulu, Hawaii from the Aloha Tower.
9. Sunset on Waikiki Beach.
10. Rainbow Drive-In in Honolulu.
11. Interior of Iolani Palace in Honolulu.
12. USS Bowfin Submarine in Pearl Harbor.
13. Feet in the Pacific Ocean.
14. Luau at the Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki.
15. Fresh pineapple.
16. Honolulu Auto Show
17. Barbers Point on the Western Shore of Oahu.
18. Tropical drinks.
19. Girls at Hanuama Bay.
20. Flying over Waikiki Beach.
21. Sleepy tortoise at the Honolulu Zoo.
22. Surfboards on Waikiki Beach.
23. Polynesian Cultural Center.
24. Ocean surf at sunset.
25. Hula girl.
26. Mission Houses in Honolulu, Hawaii.
27. Barbers Point.
28. Sailing at sunset.
29. Ruins of the Kualoa Sugar Mill.
30. Boogie boarding on the North Shore.
31. Hawaii State Capitol Building.
32. Waikiki Beach.
33. View from the top of Diamond Head.
34. Inside the USS Bowfin Submarine.
35. USS Missouri Battleship.
37. Hawaii Theatre.
38. Pacific Ocean from Waikiki.
39. Hula girls.
40. Waikiki Beach.
41. USS Arizona Memorial.
42. Sunset on Waikiki Beach.
43. Wreckage of the USS Arizona.
44. Hotels in Waikiki.
45. Staircase inside the Iolani Palace.
46. Waves crashing on the Eastern Shore of Oahu.
47. Hawaiian Oceans.
48. Pacific Aviation Museum in Pearl Harbor.
49. Byodo-In Temple.
50. Jumping in the sunrise.
51. Catamaran on Waikiki Beach.
52. Sunrise over Oahu.
53. Duke Kahanamoku Statue in Waikiki.
54. Road trip around Oahu in a Bentley Continental GTC.
55. Pearl Harbor bullet holes in hangar glass.
56. Surfers in Waikiki.
57. Diamond Head Lighthouse.
58. Close-up of a lei.
59. Royal Guards of Hawaii.
60. View of Honolulu from the top of Diamond Head.
61. Falls of Clyde in Honolulu Harbor.
62. Swaying palms.
63. Koi pond at the Byodo-In Temple.
64. Hawaii State Capitol Building.
65. Hanuama Bay.
66. Crossroads of the Pacific.
67. Hiking to the top of Diamond Head.
68. Sunset sail.
69. Inside the Iolani Palace.
70. Halona Cove.
71. Spiral stairs in bunker at Diamond Head.
72. Surfer on the North Shore.
73. Kawaiahao Church in Honolulu.
74. Tour on the USS Missouri.
75. Barbers Point Lighthouse.
76. Bon-sho (sacred bell) at Byodo-In Temple.
77. Bunker at Diamond Head.
78. Aliiolani Hale in Honolulu.
79. Spot of Japanese surrender signed on the USS Missouri.
80. Waikiki Beach.
81. Carved souvenirs.
82. Hula dancers.
83. Hanauma Bay.
84. Waikiki Beach.
85. Flamingo at the Honolulu Zoo.
86. Hawaii souvenirs.
87. Hula dancers.
88. Aloha Tower in downtown Honolulu.
89. Sunset over Waikiki.
90. USS Arizona wreckage.
91. Shopping in Waikiki.
92. Fire dancer at luau.
93. Sailing on a catamaran.
94. Hawaii Convention Center.
95. Hiking Diamond Head.
96. Control tower at the Pacific Aviation Museum.
97. Ruins of the Kualoa Sugar Mill.
98. Hawaiian rowers.
99. Sunset over Waikiki.
100. Eastern Coast of Oahu.