Mount Rushmore in the Black Hills of South Dakota is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the USA. It's the kind of place that you're compelled to visit just to see if it lives up to the hype and pop culture that surrounds it. From North by Northwest to Team America, you've probably seen this landmark more than you realize. For us, this became the inspiration for a road trip.
While in university (back in 2007) my friend Andrea and I decided to see for ourselves and made the drive from Saskatchewan to explore the Black Hills around Rapid City, South Dakota - in addition to drives through Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, and North Dakota. We ended up driving nearly 2000 miles through the northern plains of the USA and visited some truly incredible places. This is our road trip through the region summed up in 50 images.
1. Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota.
2. Plaque of Rushmore workers.
3. Trail underneath Mount Rushmore.
4. Red, White and Blue.
5. Deadwood, South Dakota.
6. Welcome to South Dakota.
7. Sundance Kid statue in Sundance, Wyoming.
8. Stagecoach in Wall, South Dakota.
9. Black Hills National Forest.
10. Mount Rushmore, South Dakota.
11. Black Hills National Forest.
12. A drink in Saloon No. 10 in Deadwood where Wild Bill Hickok was shot and killed.
13. Bear Country USA, South Dakota.
14. Cruising through Montana.
15. Open ranges in Montana.
16. Muffler man in Rapid City, South Dakota.
17. Tunnel on the road to Rushmore.
18. Slab of the Berlin Wall in Rapid City, SD.
19. Badlands in Eastern Montana.
20. Wyoming Welcomes You.
21. Side of Devil's Tower in Wyoming.
22. Downtown Rapid City, South Dakota.
23. Grave of Wild Bill in Deadwood, SD.
24. Wild Bill and Calamity Jane grave sites in Deadwood, SD.
25. Mount Rushmore.
26. Museum at Mount Rushmore.
27. North Dakota sign.
28. Downtown Deadwood, South Dakota.
29. Devils' Tower, Wyoming.
30. Reptile Gardens in South Dakota.
31. Saloon No. 10 in Deadwood, SD.
32. Reptile Gardens.
33. Hike around Devil's Tower, Wyoming.
34. Keystone, South Dakota.
35. Dinosaurs above Rapid City, SD.
36. Wall Drug in Wall, SD.
37. Giant jawbreaker from Wall Drug.
38. Entering Nebraska.
39. Chimney Rock on the Oregon Trail in Nebraska.
40. Statues in Keystone, South Dakota.
41. Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota.
42. Welcome to Colorado.
43. Sunset in Nebraska.
44. Cosmos Mystery Area in South Dakota.
45. Devil's Tower National Monument.
46. Cubs climbing a tree at Bear Country USA.
47. Mount Rushmore.
48. Crazy Horse statue in front of the monument.
49. Fog over Rushmore.
50. Downtown Deadwood, South Dakota.
May 5, 2015
Road to Rushmore in 50 Images
Edited by Editing Luke @ 8:00 AM
Catalogue: Animals , Images , Instagram , Middle America Series , Photography , Random Videos and Edits , Roadside Attractions , Rushmore , Rushmore Images , South Dakota , Travel Edits , Wyoming
Location: Rapid City, SD, USA
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )
No comments :
Post a Comment