What was also noteworthy of the original courthouse design was that the building was 'L' shaped. This was unusual for courthouses at the time, but the layout was mimicked in other parts of the province. In 1986 an addition was constructed onto the back of the building that filled in the empty space, giving the building a rectangular shape.
Designated a provincial historic resource in 1978, the building has been in use for over 90 years now and has been refurbished several times. It remains a focal point of the city to this day and shines as an example of Medicine Hat's early regional prominence.
|Convention delegates at the Courthouse sometime between 1923-1925.|
|Courthouse ca. 1935|
|The courthouse in the early 1950s.|